It may not be the most exciting event around town, but it’s one of the only times and places where you can undoubtedly score some of the best chocolates in town.
Les Automnales – a bizarre showing of vendors of all types – is at Palexpo again from 8-17 November. Here are some of the foodie oriented highlights!
Atelier du chocolat
Each day you can sign up for a chocolate workshop led by no other than Gilles Desplanches, one of the most successful chocolate and pastry shop owners in town. What can you get out of it? Well, you won’t be making chocolate, but you’ll still have some fun with it:
– Finishing and decorating a piggy bank (shaped like a real pig….)
– Assembling and decorating a chocolate marmite.
– Customizing a 14cm chocolate biscuit
– Assembling and decorating a plane and its pilot with chocolate and marzipan
– Preparing and tasting diverse chocolate drinks.
– Assembling and decorating a 12cm chocolate flower pot
Not so into chocolate?
Ecole Club Migros will be offering cooking demonstrations on everything from how to make a verrine, to sushi, pizette, pad thai, Japchae, or mezze. And you thought local Geneva didn’t do international…
But you ARE into chocolate, so….
Don’t forget to stop by the Hochstrasser family to buy your chocolates for the season. Chocolate butter squares with chocolate powder on top is what they are. Simply out of this world, simply awesome.